This project is read-only.

Feedback

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM
- Great overviews and architectural principles
- Lots of repetition (Covering REST and SOAP once should do it)
- Pedantic coverage of localization at best. Seems like a very large gaping hole. Lets dig in here and talk about cultures, threads, storage, and solutions.
- Some really GOOD patterns for localizing exceptions, and where to do so would be great.

Just my opinion
Nov 6, 2008 at 8:04 AM
Hi Brad,
 Thanks for the feedback. 

So I'm hearing that you like the overview and architectural principles

We do repeat a little because of how the guide is arranged.
     The Practices at a Glance is supposed to be a summary of the solutions in the guide.
     The Fast Track is a summary of the content of the entire guide. 
      Then we get into the details of the guide

As such, we might discuss REST and SOAP more than once.  The meat of the discussion would be in the body of the guide.  We'll take a look at those chapters to make sure that we don't repeat too much.

- Localization.  this will be too extensive for discussion in the guide itself.  We are pushing 400 pages now.  But we can consider dealing with it in the knowledge base.  If you've got specific ideas of points that belong in the chapters we've got now, email me at v-rob at microsoft  dot com.

-you are saying that you'd like to see some good patterns for localizing exceptions  and where to do so.  I'll bring this up with the team.
Rob

Rob
Nov 20, 2008 at 2:24 AM
Have you looked at BETA 2 Brad?  Better on the repetition front?

We are looking at localization for the companion App Arch Knowledge Base for the guide. 
Jan 12, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Discounted baseball bat with up to 60% off? Yes! What you read is true. In our baseball and bat shop online, you can buy cheap baseball bat including demarini baseball bat, Easton baseball bat and other famous international baseball bats. No matter you are a lover of wood baseball bat or a composite baseball bat you can find the best baseball bat fit you perfect. Shopping and save!

http://www.baseballbatsus.com/

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Have you looked at BETA 2 Brad? Better on the repetition front?

çiçek